View Profile midimachine

24 Movie Reviews

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

SD4L

SD4L

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

11 Game Reviews

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

i drew a dick

it was amazing

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

357 Audio Reviews

hell yea. rly glad u got thru in ngadm! love this new cutesy IDM/breakcore kick you've been on the last few tracks. super snappy mix with lots of impact and - tho i think the snare transients are too aggressive, maybe bring the comp ratio down or something. so excited for more quarl tbh

Quarl responds:

I asked all my dnb friends how to go about debricking a mix and they are like "make your drums bigger." Bad influence those bass music kids are. Thanks for the good feels midimachine :)

really dig the retro microhouse/chillwave feel! the pitched-down snare is a bop, the swirly pad is beautiful and lush. love the movement in the cute little synth bass too. the way this comes together is so sweet and charming imo. i think the kick could push through a little harder and the second half of the track could use some variation or fills or something because it does get very samey by the end. think the overall stereo image leans a little too far to the right, might be good to pan the fast hats left a bit to offset the snare hits and offbeat hat. cute little track overall. make more!

important notes on my NGUAC review process: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1476427/18#bbspost26965604_post_text

love this lush house sound. the sound design is mostly really simple but it's layered together so nicely. mixing is really solid, good separation between instruments and good levelling. the percussion is far too basic, though. it really needs a shaker or highpassed drum loop to fill out the space in the top and push the rhythm forward more. couple clap fills or snare rolls would be nice to accentuate transitions and break up long sections. it's also about 3 minutes too long for what it is, definitely needs a shift in melody/harmony or some other kind of textural build to justify the runtime. i really appreciate the dj-friendly intro and outro, though. make more!

Ziondiac responds:

Thanks for the feedback and vote.

i make your music sound good for a living!
get in touch: hello at 5-pin dot com