Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 310 Fans

Elvisshouse Elvisshouse

you spent 2-3 hours

making decidedly terrible house music. you demonstrated nothing.

i like the talkboxey bass riff at the start so do something that isn't a hypocritical faceplant with it! :)

==(Cavern One)== ==(Cavern One)==

whoooo

prog rock beast! judging by this song, your knack for really catchy noodling and expressive songwriting is on par with many more experienced bands and musicians.

it really does sound and feel cavernous... it's got the mystique of a foggy rift in the earth. the acid synths were a really classy touch!

Buoy responds:

What an awesome compliment. Thanks!

Interestingly Unique Vers Interestingly Unique Vers

aaaah

very fat and bassy but in a really tight and well managed way... you mixed these with skullcandies and yet it sounds really refined in my sennheisers AND my grados which is simply a testament to your mixing and sound design skill.

would love to hear a longer, finished version of this with more development. loving the spooky lamentations coming out of those chords so far! hope you get power back on again ASAP, bud.

Quarl responds:

POWER IS BACK. MUST WORK FAST! Also, I envy your sennheissers >:C

I Will Not Fall I Will Not Fall

cool

you need a pop filter though!

Wolftacular responds:

=( I do know what you're talking about! I'm pretty bad at mixing, really XD And I was really dumbfounded as to why there was popping since the audio signal never went above 0db, and none of the tracks went above 4 db. I might try to fix it again some other time! Thanks a bunch for the feedback!!! I really appreciate it! =D

still nothing still nothing

love it

thought the stronger drums could've used more intense variation like the at start but the part where you just gated everything on the 4 was ridiculously class!

i kinda went in this vein for my entry but on the more aggressive end of the idm/drillnbass spectrum. i'm guessing the unfinishedness is where the synth is all gated, feels like the drums could've gone over this but it has this gorgeous ethereal vibe without drums so if you cut it off at ~ 3:13 you could theoretically call it a day!

==(Then Everything Fell)= ==(Then Everything Fell)=

mega cool

drums are a bit floppy and weak imo but there's so much psychadelic awesome. also noticed a pretty loud and overbearing F ringing over the Ab chord in the chorus. i'd guess it's coming from the wah wah; a little notch at 690Hz should reign it in (i just checked the frequency and everything and it might not even be a big deal ugh what am i doing aaaaaaaaaaa)

y'know this would probably sound amazing with some hip-hop style breakbeats and deft scratching. i'm still really enjoying the laid-back stoner vibe though!

Buoy responds:

Yeah I'm gonna fix the drums eventually especially that first bar.

I don't hear an F lol what are you talking about I guess I'll look at that though

Hip hop style breakbeats and scratching yeah that would fit umm not at all I think.

Thanks for the review and have a nice day

xKore - Last Words (NG Cut) xKore - Last Words (NG Cut)

oh man

wasn't feeling it until you dropped the 707 tom fill and really rocked the reggae bounce. if anything it's just way too short but the contemplative piano outro is cool!

Rig - NGADM 1 Preview Rig - NGADM 1 Preview

woo

there's way too much emphasis on the low mids for my taste but that throaty lead is properly rad. gl!

[dB] Acknowledgements [dB] Acknowledgements

modest sonuvabitch!

the reverb is a bit much but otherwise this is really nice lush house stuff but it's also too freakin short AUGH. if you took the next ten days to flesh this out you'd have a really good shot at advancing!

Decibel responds:

I like the reverb, it has a nice effect, besides, the dryness without it is painful..

I'll take the next few days for some more mixing/mastering though, thanks for the review :)

Black Widow Black Widow

sick

just sick. love the phasing on the backbeat. i think maybe some more raw electro samples like that 707 hat would be welcome additions but other than that i got nothing!

Quarl responds:

wow, i think this is the first time I've snagged a ten from you :p