Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 325 Fans

Spiralomorph Spiralomorph

funky noises! could definitely transition into some crazy acid tech stuff
the low part at 0:47 is my favourite, reminds me of london physics club by little-scale

i get that "it's meant to be weird" but it doesn't mean that you can't try throwing some drums or other instruments over this, even if it was just little 606/808 percs or something. would definitely open some doors to further development and experimentation.

Blacklawn responds:

Thanks. The funny thing is: it originally had drums. Someone said they sounded "horrid" and that the track would be much better without them, so I took them out. I'll try to remake the drums, then.

Monochromaticity Monochromaticity

i think this was one of my favourites in the thingy that you made this for. it could certainly benefit from a busier arrangement (maybe just a couple extra strings/woodwinds?), but i like how cold everything sounds... makes the few bright parts really stand out.

alternativesolution responds:

Great! :D I'm really glad you like it. It does sound cold, doesn't it? I find its emptiness somewhat despairing, but close to nonchalant, as well. It's weird. I actually added the piano much later, and I'm glad I did... Thanks so much for the feedback!

Anthem (wip) Anthem (wip)

classic trance sound! intro is probably a touch long, would probably work better as a second buildup imo. can't really fault the mix much, a bit more definition in the bassline once the kick drops in would probably give the track more energy. melody isn't super inspired yet, but it's a wip and all that.

TerraNation responds:

intro isent complete yet :) i still fighting with kick EQ, bass freq, melody progress.

Northwing Fury I (Edit) Northwing Fury I (Edit)

dem amens, jeez. i think you should listen to more classic dnb and also some jungle and breakcore and get a better understanding of the genre. the way you introduce each section is really awkward and it tears apart all the energy you might've been building up (not a good thing when you do it constantly in a 2 minute song)

there are some brief moments of clarity and cohesiveness but overall this is tired vgm music with weak drums and bland sound design.

Chemicals [NGADM] Chemicals [NGADM]

fresh as, man
really lush mix! sounds like between the buried and me having an orgy with the mars volta or something haha... maybe needs more understated reverb and less compressed-sounding drums - they're still really nice and dynamic though so maybe its not the compression that's bugging me... i think the snares just kinda SLAP too much for my liking. the kicks definitely need more light and shade, bit less click in the soft parts, nahmeen? anyway those are my only gripes, this is properly fantastic and i wish you the best of luck in the competition!

Kor-Rune responds:

Thanks for the review! Yeah, I was pretty unsatisfied with the kick sound for the soft parts, and that I didn't take the time to nudge some of the key hits off time to humanize it up a little bit. I think you're right about the snare sound too, it's stiff and not as loose. I like my ghost notes to be wishy washy.

Also yeah, the compression doesn't work great with the robotic perfect timing drum hands, but deadlines and mixing, lol. Luckily I can still move it around to my liking, recording real drums has to be a -bitch-.

Thanks again for the review and constructive thoughts! It helps a lot man.

Smooth Moves Lounge Smooth Moves Lounge

Love the DPCM. Would be extra sick with some sub bass bumbling around on the triangle channel.

sofaspartan responds:

Thanks midimachine for the comment! :)

Delon Mezign (Chiptune) Delon Mezign (Chiptune)

Sublime. Please keep making more!

madfiddler responds:

Thankyou sir - will do. Working on an album atm, prolly finished in 20 years when chip isn't cool again ;)

- Platform - Platform

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeaaaaaaaaah

gimme a hug you big lug! this is way too cute, and thanks for the shout out; this track is a completely different beast, though.

Or4nges responds:

Fuuuuuck yeaaaaaah! Without you this song wouldn't have ever happened though, so a shout out was the least I could do :)

Now that I think about it i'm sorry I didn't pm you about this xD

8bit short 8bit short

hey cool

i was expecting something much worse but yeah not too shabs

~Delta~ Clever Mind (Club Mix) ~Delta~ Clever Mind (Club Mix)

yessssss

fantastic prog house. that kick is so so tasty. vocals will take this to a whole new level; good luck!