Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 312 Fans

~Delta~ Clever Mind (Club Mix) ~Delta~ Clever Mind (Club Mix)

yessssss

fantastic prog house. that kick is so so tasty. vocals will take this to a whole new level; good luck!

The Library The Library

classy!

got the game music feel down quite well, reminds me of the dark chronicle soundtrack a lot and the garageband samples really add to the charm imo. when the instrumentation gets more full towards the end i really start digging it; you should definitely think of elaborating on this piece.

Emsilbea responds:

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm flattered - I actually don't use loops or samples from garageband, just the instruments provided and my imagination, but thanks! I do loop my own things though, so I get where you're coming from. I'm elaborating as we speak, and uploading my other stuff to NG. Cheers!

- LD - Doomsday Brigade - LD - Doomsday Brigade

dum review

what i didn't like:

-squelchy synth thing sounded well contrived - like you threw it on as an afterthought after thinking "HMM what would make this more armageddon-ey?"

- panning on the drums is waaaay too hard imo; if they weren't so loud and weren't the prominent rhythmic aspect it wouldn't be so uncomfortable. i mean yeah the drums might be all the way over the left and right in an orchestra but in a concert hall you have all that reflection spilling across and the mix doesn't have that. it feels like there's a big gap right in the center of the entire stereo image for most of the duration actually, but i think the drums are the most noticeably off-kilter.

everything else was great. thoughtfully composed, if a touch generic. panning aside i thought the instrument balance was pretty fantastic, the quiet little phasey space noises in the break were a really classy touch! GL in this round :)

Breed responds:

Listening on headphones makes the panning issue more apparent. I am definitely going to bring them in a bit and make the doubled signal on the right a bit louder to even that out. GENERIC? How many people do you know to use the major subtonic chord in a minor key instead of diminished leading tone??? JKJK I know its dancing arpeggios and epic brass...pretty stock ideas, but its just sooooo fun to write. Thanks for the review!

Cheers!

Elvisshouse Elvisshouse

you spent 2-3 hours

making decidedly terrible house music. you demonstrated nothing.

i like the talkboxey bass riff at the start so do something that isn't a hypocritical faceplant with it! :)

==(Cavern One)== ==(Cavern One)==

whoooo

prog rock beast! judging by this song, your knack for really catchy noodling and expressive songwriting is on par with many more experienced bands and musicians.

it really does sound and feel cavernous... it's got the mystique of a foggy rift in the earth. the acid synths were a really classy touch!

Buoy responds:

What an awesome compliment. Thanks!

Interestingly Unique Vers Interestingly Unique Vers

aaaah

very fat and bassy but in a really tight and well managed way... you mixed these with skullcandies and yet it sounds really refined in my sennheisers AND my grados which is simply a testament to your mixing and sound design skill.

would love to hear a longer, finished version of this with more development. loving the spooky lamentations coming out of those chords so far! hope you get power back on again ASAP, bud.

Quarl responds:

POWER IS BACK. MUST WORK FAST! Also, I envy your sennheissers >:C

I Will Not Fall I Will Not Fall

cool

you need a pop filter though!

Wolftacular responds:

=( I do know what you're talking about! I'm pretty bad at mixing, really XD And I was really dumbfounded as to why there was popping since the audio signal never went above 0db, and none of the tracks went above 4 db. I might try to fix it again some other time! Thanks a bunch for the feedback!!! I really appreciate it! =D

still nothing still nothing

love it

thought the stronger drums could've used more intense variation like the at start but the part where you just gated everything on the 4 was ridiculously class!

i kinda went in this vein for my entry but on the more aggressive end of the idm/drillnbass spectrum. i'm guessing the unfinishedness is where the synth is all gated, feels like the drums could've gone over this but it has this gorgeous ethereal vibe without drums so if you cut it off at ~ 3:13 you could theoretically call it a day!

==(Then Everything Fell)= ==(Then Everything Fell)=

mega cool

drums are a bit floppy and weak imo but there's so much psychadelic awesome. also noticed a pretty loud and overbearing F ringing over the Ab chord in the chorus. i'd guess it's coming from the wah wah; a little notch at 690Hz should reign it in (i just checked the frequency and everything and it might not even be a big deal ugh what am i doing aaaaaaaaaaa)

y'know this would probably sound amazing with some hip-hop style breakbeats and deft scratching. i'm still really enjoying the laid-back stoner vibe though!

Buoy responds:

Yeah I'm gonna fix the drums eventually especially that first bar.

I don't hear an F lol what are you talking about I guess I'll look at that though

Hip hop style breakbeats and scratching yeah that would fit umm not at all I think.

Thanks for the review and have a nice day

xKore - Last Words (NG Cut) xKore - Last Words (NG Cut)

oh man

wasn't feeling it until you dropped the 707 tom fill and really rocked the reggae bounce. if anything it's just way too short but the contemplative piano outro is cool!