midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 368 Fans

xKore - Last Words (NG Cu xKore - Last Words (NG Cu

oh man

wasn't feeling it until you dropped the 707 tom fill and really rocked the reggae bounce. if anything it's just way too short but the contemplative piano outro is cool!

Rig - NGADM 1 Preview Rig - NGADM 1 Preview

woo

there's way too much emphasis on the low mids for my taste but that throaty lead is properly rad. gl!

[dB] Acknowledgements [dB] Acknowledgements

modest sonuvabitch!

the reverb is a bit much but otherwise this is really nice lush house stuff but it's also too freakin short AUGH. if you took the next ten days to flesh this out you'd have a really good shot at advancing!

Decibel responds:

I like the reverb, it has a nice effect, besides, the dryness without it is painful..

I'll take the next few days for some more mixing/mastering though, thanks for the review :)

Black Widow Black Widow

sick

just sick. love the phasing on the backbeat. i think maybe some more raw electro samples like that 707 hat would be welcome additions but other than that i got nothing!

Quarl responds:

wow, i think this is the first time I've snagged a ten from you :p

The Ultimate Beat (for sale) The Ultimate Beat (for sale)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

DO IT

Chicago Summer Night (WIP) Chicago Summer Night (WIP)

yesssssss

pleaaaase finish this, it has such fantastic atmosphere and attitude. have you ever heard of flex blur? reminded me of his stuff but in its own unique way.

there are a few parts after 1:30 where the synths started stepping on the drums, volume-wise. i still loved this and want more more more more more!

DonCarrera responds:

:D

Positive reviews like these make me feel so damn good, and thanks for some actual constructive criticism - a rarity on the web as people tend to be too afraid of offending others.

And that flex blur sound was just a huge coincidence. This was mostly inspired by experimentation alone for hours and hours on end until a cool sound was achieved.

Edit: - yeah, more than one person already requested I finish it, so I think I will now. It's just lots of work without dblue glitch or VSTs!

Tale of the Unnamed Tale of the Unnamed

niiice

feels like i'm playing shogun total war or something. liked the use of 13/8 at the end :)

Cleod-9 responds:

Thanks!

And nice, 13 eighth notes, you figured it out! You should get a medal of some sort =]

Taste of a Silver Apple Taste of a Silver Apple

ohai jim matheos

Okay maybe not quite, but I definitely got glimpses of Fates Warning while listening to this. Among other things. Very cool!

Jojipo responds:

Haha Fates Warning? Not sure about that, but it definitely got some Dream Theater influences, which I'm a huge fan of ;)

Jenga Ship Jenga Ship

homsaaaaaaaar

good lord, all i can think of is homestar runner now

"yeeeaaaarrarrarr.... you shanked my jenga shiiiip!"
"we're playing connect 4."

the song wasn't fantastic but you get 8 for reviving awesome, obscure nostalgia in me.

Cat Fish Cat Fish

aaaaaaaa so cute

I used to make cute upbeat IDM like this all the time a couple years ago and listening to this makes me want to start doing it again.

the drums are my favourite thing about this... they have this mathematical feel but they don't sound formulaic or randomized. actually they remind me a lot of tidy kid.

i didn't really like the rest of the instrumentation, mainly the piano which i feel is a bit too full to be carrying such a fragile and delicate sounding melody but the strings are really lush and carry the mood fantastically. good luck in the NAC broski!

Quarl responds: