midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 371 Fans

I Will Not Fall I Will Not Fall

cool

you need a pop filter though!

Wolftacular responds:

=( I do know what you're talking about! I'm pretty bad at mixing, really XD And I was really dumbfounded as to why there was popping since the audio signal never went above 0db, and none of the tracks went above 4 db. I might try to fix it again some other time! Thanks a bunch for the feedback!!! I really appreciate it! =D

still nothing still nothing

love it

thought the stronger drums could've used more intense variation like the at start but the part where you just gated everything on the 4 was ridiculously class!

i kinda went in this vein for my entry but on the more aggressive end of the idm/drillnbass spectrum. i'm guessing the unfinishedness is where the synth is all gated, feels like the drums could've gone over this but it has this gorgeous ethereal vibe without drums so if you cut it off at ~ 3:13 you could theoretically call it a day!

==(Then Everything Fell)= ==(Then Everything Fell)=

mega cool

drums are a bit floppy and weak imo but there's so much psychadelic awesome. also noticed a pretty loud and overbearing F ringing over the Ab chord in the chorus. i'd guess it's coming from the wah wah; a little notch at 690Hz should reign it in (i just checked the frequency and everything and it might not even be a big deal ugh what am i doing aaaaaaaaaaa)

y'know this would probably sound amazing with some hip-hop style breakbeats and deft scratching. i'm still really enjoying the laid-back stoner vibe though!

Buoy responds:

Yeah I'm gonna fix the drums eventually especially that first bar.

I don't hear an F lol what are you talking about I guess I'll look at that though

Hip hop style breakbeats and scratching yeah that would fit umm not at all I think.

Thanks for the review and have a nice day

xKore - Last Words (NG Cu xKore - Last Words (NG Cu

oh man

wasn't feeling it until you dropped the 707 tom fill and really rocked the reggae bounce. if anything it's just way too short but the contemplative piano outro is cool!

Rig - NGADM 1 Preview Rig - NGADM 1 Preview

woo

there's way too much emphasis on the low mids for my taste but that throaty lead is properly rad. gl!

[dB] Acknowledgements [dB] Acknowledgements

modest sonuvabitch!

the reverb is a bit much but otherwise this is really nice lush house stuff but it's also too freakin short AUGH. if you took the next ten days to flesh this out you'd have a really good shot at advancing!

Decibel responds:

I like the reverb, it has a nice effect, besides, the dryness without it is painful..

I'll take the next few days for some more mixing/mastering though, thanks for the review :)

Black Widow Black Widow

sick

just sick. love the phasing on the backbeat. i think maybe some more raw electro samples like that 707 hat would be welcome additions but other than that i got nothing!

Quarl responds:

wow, i think this is the first time I've snagged a ten from you :p

The Ultimate Beat (for sale) The Ultimate Beat (for sale)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

DO IT

Chicago Summer Night (WIP) Chicago Summer Night (WIP)

yesssssss

pleaaaase finish this, it has such fantastic atmosphere and attitude. have you ever heard of flex blur? reminded me of his stuff but in its own unique way.

there are a few parts after 1:30 where the synths started stepping on the drums, volume-wise. i still loved this and want more more more more more!

DonCarrera responds:

:D

Positive reviews like these make me feel so damn good, and thanks for some actual constructive criticism - a rarity on the web as people tend to be too afraid of offending others.

And that flex blur sound was just a huge coincidence. This was mostly inspired by experimentation alone for hours and hours on end until a cool sound was achieved.

Edit: - yeah, more than one person already requested I finish it, so I think I will now. It's just lots of work without dblue glitch or VSTs!

Tale of the Unnamed Tale of the Unnamed

niiice

feels like i'm playing shogun total war or something. liked the use of 13/8 at the end :)

Cleod-9 responds:

Thanks!

And nice, 13 eighth notes, you figured it out! You should get a medal of some sort =]