Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 307 Fans

Optimisim Optimisim

Rated 4 / 5 stars March 9, 2009

not bad

too much reverb on everything but otherwise this is a nice transcription :)

Solus- Through the Club Haze Solus- Through the Club Haze

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars March 9, 2009

Ohhhhh yes.

Compositionally I think this is top notch. The sax is nicely articulated and the piano feel and solo is great, if a little too straight but it's easy enough to sequence some intentional timing and velocity "errors" ;)

Drum arrangement is quite nice but that hi-hat sounds like modulated whitenoise, the open hat is especially painful. All the other cymbals seem a little bit too toppy too. I also felt that some of the reverb on the saxophone was unnecessary but at the same time it wasn't really detrimental to the experience like the god-awful hi-hat was.

Again, this is just 100% superb compositionally but the hi-hats and cymbals are a pain :(

SolusLunes responds:

Man, why do my hats suck so much :(

I'll really have to fix it.

Paragon Paragon

Rated 5 / 5 stars February 24, 2009

Thanks...

For raising the standard of industrial music on NG. :)

At first I was a little worried by the intro that this might end up being some sort of amateur crunch fest but as soon as the muffled melody came in I was sold on this. Excellent mix, great vocal tone. I especially love how you slowly brought in more and more glitchy percussions towards the half way mark and then dropped them all out again.

The only part of this I didn't like was that first line that was screamed. To me it seems a little forced and detatched from the mood of the rest of the song. I think the second screamed line worked much better since it was a climatic part of the song.

This really makes me want to work on more industrial stuff again. Excellent work!

[oove] Heartbeats [oove] Heartbeats

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars February 18, 2009

Niiiiice.

"I am thinking about making another version of this song ( something like IDM/breakcore/dnb)."

Yes. Oh god yes. But more mellow, glitchy IDM like Schneider TM or Bochum Welt.

I like the piano processes... Very tasteful. They remind me of a dude called Martin Mackerras who wrote a very technical and long (46 minutes) piano piece called "The Waves".

I think you need to turn down the master fader and remove any compression on the master bus or insert the compression before the reverb. The mix at the end gets a bit muddy sounding and sounds overcompressed. could just be ear fatigue though >_<

Great job :)

broove responds:

I actually didn't use the compressor. but I must agree on muddiness.. .on high volumes it sounds heavy.
I'm still not sure about the remix - how to do it and should i do it.. will see.

Musho Overture Musho Overture

Rated 4 / 5 stars February 18, 2009

oh yeah

oh wow man. That beat has me bopping along like an idiot. the intro was a little misleading and a bit too drawn out but the best was sweet :)

I'm guessing your sister is doing the oooooh's? She's not terrible at all, I think the way you've layered her in adds a richer texture to the song :)

This has an awesome fun cheezey feel about it. It's like The Knife meets Queen meets Depeche Mode :P

My Mothers Gift - Piano My Mothers Gift - Piano

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars February 18, 2009

ahh nice :)

The dynamic articulation is spot on! I think more timing "errors" (gradual lapses in the tempo, dropouts etc.) would be nice to make this feel even more warm and cuddly :)

I think this would loop better had you ended on the IV chord... The perfect cadence feels too final and following the IV it sounds kind of forced wheras the rest of the piece just flowed so naturally.

Great job overall :)

shadow6nothing9 responds:

Constructive, I like that. Thanks, I'll be sure to keep in mind about the tempo stuff, and about the IV, yeah. I think I'll edit most of that chord out and add more of the major ones for a lighter sound.

Evolving Evolving

Rated 1.5 / 5 stars February 18, 2009

getting there...

Better than that heavy metal attempt. That weird, glitchy beat that comes in like twice in the whole song is sweet but that smelly TS404 preset that plays through the entire time and that obnoxious laser sound (.syn preset?) are annoying.

The structure is still is haphazard at best. Not in a sort of ordered chaos way, either. It's like you just made all these seperate patterns and then tried different combinations of them without any real rhyme or reason. I'm not sure whether you thoughtfully wrote the riffs around the bass progression or vice versa or at all. At least most of them sound reasonably tuneful.

It's clear you're improving, I'll give you that much. I still think you should go and listen to a lot of music and study the techniques used, brush up on music theory, etc... Find some zipped FL project files and have a look at how other people structure their songs. Hell, I'll even send you some of my FL files if you want them.

You don't have to copy anyone verbatim but it will help you with ideas to give your works a more clarified direction.

boom beat ! boom beat !

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars February 13, 2009

hmmmm

You need to keep that bassline centered or roll the low-low frequencies off it imo. The ping pong stereo delay on the distorted kick isn't to my taste but i think if you converted that signal to mono the accents would sound tre cool.

Not bad, keep at it :)

[\Enchantment/] [\Enchantment/]

Rated 4 / 5 stars February 4, 2009

hmmm okay

yeaaah new wave is like 80s synth pop so this is sort of misplaced :P NG doesn't really have a suitable category for this, though :(

i think the usage of dischords in the low sections was an unwise decision, but i see what you were aiming at. they'd probably sound better if you had the tonic in the low register and then moved the dischordant interval up an octave from where it is now.

nice work :)

Chillout NewAge Breaks Chillout NewAge Breaks

Rated 4 / 5 stars February 3, 2009

chilled.

I liked the first half very much! The beat makes everything seem a little bit cheesey, that reversed snare is very nicely used though.

In case you're wondering, new wave is 80's (or 80's inspired) synth-pop, often with the use of guitars as accompaniment. Bands like Depeche Mode and New Order are new wave, I'd also consider The Killers new wave. I'd lump "new age" stuff with the ambient section here.