Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 312 Fans

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

Parliament Deathmatch Parliament Deathmatch

bipartisan hilarity!

I'll make sure to watch Q&A in the future to see this there, this was great :)

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Contemplation Contemplation

i like how you layered those triplet arps over the drums, but it would've been nice to have a bit more swinging and swaying in the beat. with your mixing there's almost a kinda trap feel to it but the instrument selection is kinda indecisive, like the track doesn't really know what it wants to be (e.g. the big heavy kick against those kinda brushed sounding snares). there's also not really a whole lot of development, and even though the change in the middle is nice it's kinda awkward. the fade into the filtered piano and the subsequent reverb increase is a really nice touch, but takes way too long imo

gamefiend64 responds:

thank you sir, the kind of feedback i want. while making this i wanted to add a little bit more to the song, due to it being relatively short, ended up extending it a little too long lol. and thanks for including the genre it relates too, a little unsure myself, just put stuff together and i made this. i still need to "find my sound" if you get me.

Right or Wrong Right or Wrong

thought this was piratecrab when i first heard it. how did that happen? :v

this kind of sounds like sevendust doing prog. vocals are fantastically delivered, the drums have that perfect groove metal flow and are really thoughtfully programmed and the bass and guitars always sit at a really nice volume. the overall mix is a little too dark though - i think the guitar and snare need a bit more presence around that 5K-8K area and less mids. vocals have been too heavily de-essed, kind of unclear sometimes - also kinda mono sounding even with the reverb so maybe give it some more width cause you want vocals to p-p-POP.

the pre-choruses need a bit more instrumental time to gel into the choruses properly. the thing about consecutive time signature changes and polyrhythms is that they get super messy when vocals are involved. typically when prog bands do vocals over odd-meter stuff it's usually kept relatively simple, and when it gets hairy the instrumental follows the lyrics rather than the opposite, which is what i felt was happening here in those pre-choruses. other than that it's all well composed imo

also, the render cuts off before the ride cymbal rings out properly. this sort of thing has happened a whole lot during this NGADM and it's one of my musical pet peeves haha

No Joy Here No Joy Here

so nice! some of the samples are kinda iffy; harp is super stiff sounding and the strings have really harsh highs, also kinda distorted sounding high notes on the piano. the instrumentation is really great though. love the way the strings swell and subside into the drumming section.

yeah the piano at the end is nice on its own but doesn't really sit right with the rest of the piece imo. i think another string swell towards the end would've helped to link it back to everything else. i feel like, melodically at least, there's this disconnect between the first and second half of the piece - a stronger main theme would help to tie everything together, and dispersing little leitmotifs throughout the later sections would help it feel like a cohesive musical story.

great effort in spite of many setbacks!