midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 369 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Tonight We Fall Tonight We Fall

don't really have a lot to say about the mix, it's plenty loud already and nicely balanced (if a little bottom-heavy). i think the looooong highpass sweep at the start feels kind awkward until the rhythm changes and those kinda bubbly percs stand out more - maybe just sit with a soft hi-hat on the beat and morph the pad instead.
i don't listen to heaps of atmospheric or liquid, but i swear there's meant to be another motif of some sort swirling about over the pads and percussion - doesn't even need to be melodic, just some kind of sound movement, like some filter sweeps on the pads and/or reese, or a vocal line or something. there's nothing wrong with a minimal approach but there still needs to be some development within each section. i do like that you regularly deviate from the 2-step rhythm, that's a good start. at the moment this still kinda sounds like a long background loop.

SierraRising responds:

I´ll work on keeping the movement of the track less stale in the future, though I´m glad you found the balance good. I´m always very nervous about automating synths, but I will try and overcome this next time. Thank you very much for the review, it means a lot to me.

FITE! (Original Mix) FITE! (Original Mix)

enjoying the kinda prog-house intro and filter sweep that leads into the standard buildup. the transition from the major key melody into the relative minor for the main section is really well executed. nice variety of synth sounds, although the transitions between them are sometimes jarring. the chromatic runs and other variations on the main riff are used well.

the mastering kinda lets this one down though - the kickbass needs to be the loudest thing in the mix before it hits the mastering process but at the moment all the synths are stomping all over the meat and bones of the track. that main rough lead is the worst offender, especially when it jumps up the octave. i mean, i think the levels themselves are probably fine for all the synths (maybe that main lead can come down a bit), you just need to pump up da bass yooooo \m/

Wick3dRabbit responds:

Haha thanks for your review man! Maybe because this is the first time i'm mastering a track myself so that i messed up a couple things ;)
Really appreciate your advices man,gonna take it into account next time!

Slave and Master Slave and Master

i'm really enjoying the blend of old-school industrial synth work and more modern percussion sounds. the section from 1:19 onward is awesome, that little FM synth riff drives the rhythm really nicely - love the energy here. overall there's a lot more dynamics in this mix than a lot of ebm, although there's this filtered noise thing panning about over the solo towards the end which i feel is kinda loud? the ending is great, lots of people don't like sudden endings but i think they're the absolute best :v

one thing with the vocals - i understand that the distortion is a very important aspect of this style. BUT i really feel like you should've either dialed back the saturation so that only the peaks were clipped and then compressed AFTER the distortion, or used a noise gate before the current distortion/compression settings. right now the "air" from the voice recordings is constant and overbearing, and makes the call and response in the verse kinda unintelligible. the "clean" sound that goes over the top in the chorus and appears on its own after the solo is really great though.

good work!

ConcreteBalloon responds:

Thank you very much! I do tend to go HAM on the distortion, and a lot of the time I like making parts unintelligible, but that's some of the skinny puppy influence in me haha.
Your feedback means a lot! Thank you again :)