Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 349 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

~SW~ Annar ~SW~ Annar

you say you focused more on melody (which pays off in a lot of aspects btw) but this still feels technical and unrelenting like most of your other stuff and has plenty of atmosphere to boot. the breakdown is definitely my favourite part.

the drum programming and polymetric counterpoint make for a challenging listen in all the right ways, yet everything has a really well defined place in the track despite the mixing caveats. i think the sound design is a bit weaker than your usual output, but the crunchy pad and pseudo-guitar lead are totally on point. really nice work!

SkyeWint responds:

I guess it is pretty unrelentingly technical. Honestly, I was slightly worried I was overdoing it with some of the runs since I was slightly emulating PirateCrab and Kor-Rune in the pseudo-guitar work (definitely Kor-Rune with the drums). Half of me wishes I had an actual guitar and the other half of me is like "lol no way I could play that well".

The drum programming was easily some of the hardest stuff in this - I really wanted a rhythmic counterpoint going along with the melodies and similar. A lot of the time it mirrors the melody's rhythms and even plays along with the toms a few times.

Funny thing about the mixing btw: When I started mastering, I found that I had mixed it almost completely consistent with an even frequency distribution: white noise almost perfectly mirrored it, with the one caveat of the bass being slightly heavier (as normal). Normally the treble of my tracks are slightly lacking or the mids are. One of the two. So this made it super easy to master it with ridiculously high amounts of limiting, hence why it's loud as all hell without really being muddy much at all.

it's kinda just a bunch of random default FL sounds thrown together innit? haha

there's a certain quirky lo-fi charm to it and that constant 808 kick gives it some consistency - if you boosted that kick and made the tail shorter so that some of the other instruments ducked behind the beat you'd be able to make a pretty interesting deep/future house track out of this. i also liked the way you used the pitched snare on top of the melody, got a real pc music vibe about it.

work on your intro, builds and outro though cause those parts were kinda random and shitty in this song. the percussion is also kinda dry and doesn't really fit with that supersaw melody which is drowning in reverb - gradually drowning all your percs in reverb and then cutting the reverb entirely just before a drop is a actually a cool thing to do for buildups!

IPSBLT responds:

Haha,not really ;D But you can say your random feeling starts from my idea.In this song i used stuffs i've never used before,like Sakura or Toxic Biohazard;and also toms,industrial snares and hits.
To be honest,i dont really think my work here is that random and shitty...But yeah,i'll try to improve on the next song because this song is just an experiment anyway!!!
Thanks! (definitely try future house next :)

No Peace - Instrmntl V. - Dth Mtl No Peace - Instrmntl V. - Dth Mtl

sounds like you only uploaded one of the guitar tracks by accident lmao. every other instrument sounds like spill into a guitar mic. the guitar tone is ok but could use more high-end presence i guess? can't really tell in the context of the song because nothing is really mixed right haha.

AEOK responds:

Its a rough cut. Thanks for the review!