Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 308 Fans

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 15, 2009

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 26, 2009

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

Parliament Deathmatch Parliament Deathmatch

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars June 29, 2009

bipartisan hilarity!

I'll make sure to watch Q&A in the future to see this there, this was great :)

TR-808 TR-808

Rated 2 / 5 stars March 14, 2014

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars November 3, 2011

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

Rated 5 / 5 stars October 20, 2010

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Voluto Voluto

Rated 4 / 5 stars 4 days ago

round 2 review yea

maybe it's just me, but this sounds way overcooked on the compression, either on the master or somewhere else. i think it's the way the low supersaw bass messes with the high hats.

i really enjoyed the middle bits a lot more, they seemed to have more light and shade and felt like they were mixed better too, somehow. OH you switched to a more hands up kinda kick halfway through the second section haha, it's a lot nicer than the other kick you used. actually i think the problem here is that the chorus melody is just boring. really like that little pitchbend on the choir at the end, nice touch! would've been nice to have more cool little details like that.

sorry i don't have a whole lot to say. apart from mixing issues it's a really decent little track but it's kinda middle of the road. solid effort though, good for a rushed attempt.
8.1

AeronMusic responds:

Indeed. Thanks! (:

ghosts ghosts

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 4 days ago

round 2 ngadm review ok lets go

got that demoscene vibe. those kinda 2-op FM guitar warbles are perfect!
i wanted to look at this as tracker music and forgive the rushed mix but yeah it's kinda wacky, like the rolling hats are just too much for example. generally it's all too sharp and not really balanced properly. the stereo imaging is generally quite nice, but that first little bell synth has this low-end attack under it which is awful to get thrown into one side of a pair of headphones.
your composition and drum sequencing here is simply sublime (think yer so clever with ya 5/4 m8, well you are), though some of the synths and sampled instruments are a little too basic even for module style stuff (dat bass guitar sound lol) and sometimes too harsh. lots of great sound design here though, i especially love the big rolling tremolo hits and the aforementioned FM work.

standout track of this round for me. great work!
9.1

johnfn responds:

whoa, glad you liked it so much midi! thanks for the review. paid a LITTLE more attn to mixing next time... but not a lot.. oops.

one day

Two Two

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 4 days ago

round 2 review m8

it sux

nah its ok

love love love how the percussion rolls along all footwork like, great intricate programming on those 808s. the constant development is awesome, top notch writing. kick gets kinda lost when everything comes together and the bass has a little too much low-mid in it for my taste, would've liked a bit more ducking on that airy pad just to emphasize the downbeats a little more. not super keen on that last reprise of the chorus either, makes the song drag on too much. you also cut the render off before everything faded out properly, not a big deal but it's one of those little details that bothers me sometimes.

good shit!