Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 292 Fans

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 15, 2009

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 26, 2009

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

Parliament Deathmatch Parliament Deathmatch

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars June 29, 2009

bipartisan hilarity!

I'll make sure to watch Q&A in the future to see this there, this was great :)

TR-808 TR-808

Rated 2 / 5 stars 1 month ago

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars November 3, 2011

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

Rated 5 / 5 stars October 20, 2010

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Huge Monkey Huge Monkey

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

reminds me of older hardcore like nasenbluten and other bloody fist stuff.
wasn't really feeling it until the amens dropped in, but really liked the glitching and retriggering after that. yeah really has a tracker feeling! cool stuff.

Former Motive Former Motive

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars February 2, 2014

way too much compression/reverb on the piano, probably need to compress before the reverb
piano is too loud throughout actually.
usually you should take all the bass out of everything except the kick and the main bass instrument, and then make it so the kick and bass don't play at the same time - either through sidechaining or only playing the offbeats. like that piano and phased saw lead don't need any lows at all, really.

one thing that kinda helps everything sound grrreat is if you turn off the limiter on the master channel, mix with the instruments all at a lower volume than the kick, then turn it back on. usually. depends on genre and stuff!

Lethal-Input responds:

Thanks for the feedback man! This is great info. I knew I couldn't get the volumes/sounds right. everything all most feels like it's blending in with each other too much. That's the main reason why I don't like how it turned out lol. I'll definitely take your advice and try to adjust for my next song!

Fly, Dammit! (NGS Cut) Fly, Dammit! (NGS Cut)

Rated 2 / 5 stars December 11, 2013

it sounds like you're still learning how to use FL so i'll be gentle (sort of)
the different bass synths that play together are out of key, the crash sample doesn't really fit with the kick/snare basic samples. needs more interesting percussion elements and syncopation (i.e. percussion not just hitting on the beat)

oh, but i like the little lasery sound on the off-beat. maybe you could try to make some more minimal acid/electro style stuff?

Unfairy responds:

I think that's the right amount of cruelty. I really need to read into percussion theory, I'm flying blind on that part.

I got the offbeat idea from reading how a guy does his UK Hardcore. I enjoy playing with offbeats when I'm not overwhelmed.