midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 363 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Lighthouse Lighthouse

lush af! love the bass pitchbends, actually everything is layered really nicely. i kept wanting this to develop into something more musical but it works well as a standalone soundscape piece.

one thing: the field recording is very noisy, not sure if this is because of sub-par hardware, a very quiet source or a very "blatant" dither. if it's because of normalising/compression then this is the kind of thing where recording at 24/48 is super useful! that said, the noise is worked into the rest of the textures once everything gets into gear. though it would be good to lowpass it and then automate the cutoff in and out in time with that spooky midrange pad; right now it's the only element of the soundscape that has no dynamic movement (which would be fine if it had a strong tonal center to base the track around)

anyway this is neat!

SierraRising responds:

I´ve been hoping to hear from you again, your reviews are always very detailed and useful! I would have liked for there to have been more variation, but I mainly wanted to try out an ambient atmosphere this time.
I have yet to learn about mixing my own recordings into tracks. I use a Tascam DR-05, and it´s fairly good, in my opinion, though I´m open to suggestions for possible upgrades in the future, if you have any. I have another similar ambient piece scheduled for tomorrow or the day after, so I´ll try using the cutoff technique you mentioned.
In the meantime, thank you very much for the review! Very helpful, as always!

Darkness source Darkness source

pls upload at a greater bitrate than 128kbps and make sure you render the entire song before uploading. the synth at 0:59 is super muddy and all the piano/pad stuff sounds distorted underneath it.

the high strings at 2:06 seem to come in out of nowhere because there's no precedent for them anywhere else in the track. also i dont know what feeling you are trying to express.

Pixel Demolition Pixel Demolition

ok let me elaborate on what tweedledum has mentioned below:

after about 10 seconds in there's a lot of different melody parts and riffs playing at the same time without many breaks and it goes for the whole song like that. that's difficult to listen to because our brains are dumb, and it also creates dissonance at certain parts because the riffs aren't designed with counterpoint or obligato in mind. individually, each of the parts are decent - why not spread them out across the track more and give the song some more definite structure? the part at 1:21 is really well done and sounds great cause there's one cool melody with a subtle counterpoint and simple arpeggios and it works! wish it was longer tho.

also the drums don't sound very good cause the synths are too loud so when everything hits the master limiter (or 0dB if ur a dum dum and don't have a master limiter) the attack of the kick and snare gets squished under all the crunchy synth stuff.

Edman520 responds:

Yea I noticed those things especially with the drums. Thanks for the feedback!