The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Far Light Far Light

dem polyrhythms <3
so much good filter movement in this - love how the little clicky sound morphs into that fat 5/16 synth pattern.

gonna have to upload radio edits for NGADM tho lol :v

Sequenced responds:

marry me

Bells Bells

gooooooood shit - love the way the bass bends and wobbles and how it bounces around the octaves. slow attack on the hihats is dope - liking how they pan about too. lots of cool little percussive elements, mostly well balanced! the main hook is neat, that synth brass in the interlude is fuckin dope though. need more of that in me :v the way you play with the wet mix on the bell reverb is a nice touch, and the little fills and extra percs in the transitions are priiiiiimo.

i think that stompy layer over the kick is probably too wide and loud and sounds kinda dumb especially when it starts playing counter-rhythms in the 2nd half, but it's not a bad sound on it's own. funnily enough the main section has about the same overall energy as the interlude, despite how loud that sound is - i think you could've held off on the bass during the interlude to maybe differentiate it more in terms of energy.

but yea, this is really tight! gl w/ school, hope you get a chance to smash out some more bangers like this

HaydeMusic responds:

Thanks for the review your comment have been noted.

Listening to it now, the interlude does seem a little heavy.

I'll try to get to producing again now that school is almost done.

Resistance Resistance

not digging the choice of kick sample (something more acoustic sounding and less EDM-like would've been better imo), but the overall vibe is pretty nice.

there's actually a whole lot of music theory going on here - i think you'd really like delving into jazz theory. some of the discordant parts definitely work better than others, there's definitely a big risk to writing something that's in many ways rooted in genre conventions (mainly the drums) but then also flips between concordance and discordance in a "purposefully" thoughtless way. the discordant passages that do work are really interesting to listen to tho (e.g. 1:16-1:22).

also the overall dynamics are pretty much for the whole 4 minutes which makes the discordant writing really hard to listen to - i had to tap out at 2 minutes and have a break lol

i applaud your efforts to move out of your comfort zone, keep it up.

BlueOceans responds:

I thought the same about the kick sample in the beginning of development, but I think I became deaf to my work after listening to it on loop for a while, so I stopped noticing that the kick sounds odd.

I hope this doesn't sound strange, but I get an extremely pleasurable feeling from well-executed discordance and dissonance, even with a lack of contrast. I'm sorry to hear that you had to take a break from it though! I'll keep that in mind next time I use this style again. I think you're right about me potentially liking jazz theory; I'm in the early stages of learning piano, but I've already began playing around with scales and chords that are foreign to me.

Thank you for the review! It's rare for people on this website to give a low score to increase the impact of their critique, but I can appreciate it!