The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Hoverbikers Hoverbikers

o wow that bass is bassy. too bassy tbh, doesn't give the kick any room at all. i don't really like the way this beat plods along but i appreciate minimalism. might be cool to bring those hats down or filter them a bit, maybe introduce some syncopation to the kick/snare pattern - even a delay effect on the clap would go a long way towards generating interest in the rhythm, and really add to the classic dub kinda sound you have going here

the instrumentation is pretty unique and i like the dark deep-house kinda vibes. feels like everything's been run through this really harsh plate reverb - got that concrete bunker feel and it's kinda claustrophobic. i think you could add a smoother, longer reverb under some things and dial back the wet mix on the current reverb to open the mix a bit more and give the pad synths a bit more life.

it also doesn't really follow any structural conventions and the overall dynamics are a bit of a flatline, would be cool to cut some builds and drops in (they dont have to be obnoxious), have some time without the bass at all in the beginning and middle so that when it kicks back in it really *means something* y'know?

keep it up

Kalviter responds:

Thanks for the feedback! The bass was a problem on this, for whatever reason my normal mixing style just shoved the kick and the bass right together and I was scratching my head getting it to try and work. I'll avoid that synth and sample in the future. The plate reverb isn't entirely deliberate, each instrument has it's own delay/reverb effect on it if it has one at all. I do agree on changing them up on some instruments though. Things like the structure and robotic kick/snare combo are intentional, cos I'm going for minimalistic production style. It's my little attempt at being slightly "artsy" and pretentious.

Thanks again for reviewing!

Popcorn Popcorn

definitely mess with automating the width/duty cycle of pulse instruments, it adds so much flavour to the sounds. the sound design in this is really boring even (or especially?) by chiptune standards, and pulsewidth/duty cycle modulation matches what the hardware is capable of anyway. but as long as you're using a DAW maybe ease up the bass frequencies on that *TRIANGLE* bass (god dammit skye!) and carve some dynamics into the piece to make that last "chorus" really punch through and stand out as the epic conclusion that it wants to be.

keep it up

Postchord responds:

Cheers. The plugin I used is pretty basic, no width/cycle options, just 4 instruments to choose from. Still, it let me have a shot at this without getting in too far over my head. Recently been using LSDJ which is great, so I'll play around with some different flavours in there. Thanks again dude.

Our Daughter Our Daughter

the sounds are cute and the melody is cool on it's own but those cluster chords don't feel right - kinda like they need to open up and resolve before repeating the chord progression again.

at first it honestly felt like the melodies were playing in the wrong key but after repeated listens it starts to feel like intentional polytonality by way of the strange chord choices. intentional or not, it's super hard to listen to and doesn't really suit the potion shop/happy chiptune vibe that i *think* you were going for. instrumentation is severely lacking too, though this is coming from something of a chip music snob so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

sorry i can't be more helpful. keep jammin' tho