The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

AIM - Faith in Freedom AIM - Faith in Freedom

hey this is really good
i feel like the soundscape gets cluttered and claustrophobic at ~2:31-3:10, i think spacing out the crunchy synths more, or maybe just more dynamic mastering in general, would help keep the atmosphere of oppression (a good thing!) without physically sounding oppressive (not as good a thing!).

really like the intensity of everything. there are a lot of subtle details, though i think some of those higher string pads towards the end feel a little overbearing in conjunction with the vocals (e.g. 4:17-4:27). really like the variety in the sound design, good use of complementary tone colours.

structurally, i would've liked stronger theming. the piece develops in an interesting way but doesn't really seem to sit around a tight idea - i have a lot of ideas about musical storytelling that i'm not super good at articulating though so i might leave it at that. i will say the flowy vocals are a really good glue to hold the piece together, but i don't get a strong sense of melodic cohesion. this is the part of reviewing that i hate cause it's all subjective n shit :v

anyway this is fkn good, keep it up. here's hoping your living situation improves so you ain't bangin tracks out of a car anymore!

GearWax- Bomber (WIP) GearWax- Bomber (WIP)

pls quantize stuff that you record yourself playing, the timing is not very good
also why is the main part of the song why quieter than everything else?
royalty free samples are fine btw

GearWax responds:

Thanks for the response, but this is not finished yet. I quantized a lot of the recordings and finished the mixing, but understand this was hard to mix because of how much drive the whole thing had.

Blue Moonrise Blue Moonrise

the resampled vocal parts are totally my aesthetic rn, just need to smother them in reverb right before you hit the drop then cut it right out when the beat comes in :v
actually i think this could generally use a little more reverb/delay, it definitely feels a little too dry to me (although i've been overusing reverb lately :v). i like the panning on the harpsi, would be good to give the bongos the same treatment! try combining a really short reverb with the one you're currently using for some of the drum sounds (mainly the bongos and clap - maybe the hat as well?) just to give them a bit more space and help them feel a little less dry and tinny.

i feel like the slow, flowy downtempo trap part works better than the 4 to the floor section towards the end - i think it's just that 808 hihat, it's not strong enough to carry the offbeat on a strong dancey rhythm imo. also maybe sidechain the bass synth volume to the kick, or at least the low band of the EQ, cause it tends to intermodulate with the kick tone in a bad way when they play at the same time.

i like that your melodies aren't overly elaborate, but the fast harpsi riff is a little overbearing - just needs to come down in volume really. overall this is a pretty good track, keep it up