Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 340 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

End of the Universe End of the Universe

you have some cool idea but you need to work on prioritizing which sections should be louder and softer - like everything kinda feels like it's the same volume throughout. cause there's always something that's LOUD playing. all the percussion is super dry too, gimme a little bit of reverb and panning and stuff jeeeez. sidechain those chords against the kick a bit? even if it's only a little. also don't hard pan the kick like that, you scare the shit out of people listening to your track in headphones. not the smoothest transitions either.

wasn't particularly grabbed by any of the chords or riffs or whatever so maybe work on developing a more concrete idea of theme and writing hooks. nothing was really objectively wrong about this though, so that's something! keep it up.

MrSmash64 responds:

I did sidechain the chords. a lot. I kinda was going for the same volume all the way through. it's also my preference to have dryer drums I'll still keep everything in mind!:)

A New Future A New Future

i feel like the timing stuff sam mentioned isn't so much about tempo as it is single beats or steps in bar having a bunch of different things kinda flamming on top of them. it can just sound "natural" but a few times in this piece it sounds sloppy. the trills and grace notes on recorder are especially bad sounding when they don't sync up properly. you can tell a story about confusion, but you don't have to play sloppily to do that.

i actually though your stereo was ok, the ping pong delay on the backmasked guitar was a nice touch. simple but not distracting which is fine by me. lots of good ideas and nice standalone melodies, but there are a few moments (1m05s in particular) when the guitar and recorders don't really counterpoint well together. the tail of reverb on the recorder sounds great, sounds like there's an early reflection accentuating those hard high-mids though. might be worth just scooping that out a little, or carving some dynamics into the high notes (through playing or automation, doesn't matter). actually if you scooped high-mids and lightly compressed the recorders seperately they'd probably come out really nice.

Running Free Running Free

eno af intro. i'd ease up on the low-end reverbs.

a lot of the electro percs are weirdly thin, in both their tone and sparse usage. i dunno if that was a style choice or a lack of room between a chunky af bass and gigantic stereo string section, but contrasting the thematic sections against the lush intro makes me think it's the latter

not much to say about the break in the middle and the subsequent buildup. that whole section was just stunning.

really fantastic work overall. i feel like it needs a little more (or way less) emphasis on the percussion tho!

JacobCadmus responds:

Thank you sir. Admittedly I'm a novice at mixing electronics. Thanks for the tip!