midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 368 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

/Shadow in Darkness\ (Nary OST) /Shadow in Darkness\ (Nary OST)

is it mostly centered cause the game needs it to be? the whole thing could do with some stereo imaging - pan percussion and other instruments around so that they can stand out in the mix without necessarily needing to be loud. really you just want the kick and bass fully centered and everything else can go around that.

nailed the touhou kinda vibe with the instrumentation. melodies are good but kinda meandering? i guess not all of this kind of stuff is super memorable but none of the main leads really grabbed me. though i liked the modulations at around 1:12 onward - they transitioned really nicely into the key change in the last section.

EverReverb responds:

Honestly i just didn't know better to use panning in my mixing. I actually learned about that only two days ago...

And yeah, I agree that especially the first melody is pretty dull. I've been kinda short on inspiration for melodies lately.

Switch Switch

yea this is good - love the hints at other genres sprinkled throughout (esp. the psy and moombah stuff towards the end, neat af)

would've liked the bigroom kickbass to have a bit more... character i guess? just felt a bit static, would be good to have it throb just a little (lol, cock joke)

2nd drop was kinda disappointing, i'm thinking that a bit more overall dynamic shaping around that last beat before the reverse kick would be good to make the tension a bit more palpable and really sell the anticipation going into that first kick.

no comments on the mix, it's basically perfect. maybe don't duck the square melody so much when the kick isn't present (i.e. 1:48 - 2:02)? idk
ggwp

.:Superhero:. .:Superhero:.

reading the description and then listening to the track makes me question whether you actually know what a 2-step beat is - the first giveaway is that the snareclap (which is way too quiet in relation to the kick btw) isn't on the backbeat (i.e. beats 2 and 4 @ half-time). the kick is super busy and take the reverb off it, there's literally no reason to have a long reverb on a kick all the time in a track like this.

also you say there's a drop but the there's a kick rush and then a synth swell but nothing following it up except a weak synth bass and a siren effect that's too loud and out of time (yes you START the sample in time but everything about the articulation of that sample makes it out of time). protip: pulling everything back before the first big hit into the next section is essential for a good drop, but if you have everything dead for too long all the energy is lost and that big hit doesn't feel so big anymore. you don't even HAVE a big hit here, you just "drop" into 2 synths, a quiet filtered perc line and literally nothing else and at this point i feel like i'm being trolled. did you just forget to place drums?!

yes newgrounds is good for new people to git gud but it's also better if you upload stuff that's more or less completed, at least at a fundamental level. you even say "professionals didn't post their early stuff" - maybe there's a reason for that?

BlueAlpha14 responds:

I did place drums omg you people need earphones sometime XD
I actually make all my stuff listening via earphone, so I don't know what it sounds like with them off.
1. Yeah I did lower the volume on the snareclap, I was afraid it was getting too loud.
2. Okay, yeah the drop sucks. However, it was the best I could come up with. I probably should've used 3x Osc, I'll remember that next time.
3. I didn't think the siren was that loud but then again I can see why it was.
4. How the heck do you feel like you're being trolled? Do you think I would waste a couple days of my life if I was trolling?

Again, I benefit from reviews.

Thanks,