Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 308 Fans

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

Parliament Deathmatch Parliament Deathmatch

bipartisan hilarity!

I'll make sure to watch Q&A in the future to see this there, this was great :)

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Into The Unknown Into The Unknown

sure is a journey!
some of the sound effect work is kind of overdone imo, it's the kind of thing where you're just like "yeah its sci fi i get it" haha. i feel like you should be able to get the setting without really overt prompts like that. what i really liked is how you used some of the orchestra parts as sound effects; those laser beam piccolo glissandos in part 3 are perfect. more of that kind of stuff would've been great!

the feeling i get from the mix is dark and chalky - it really could do with a bit more top end sparkle and some midrange scooping. i also would've tried to push more sub bass in the spacious sections (e.g. start of part 1 & part 4). you're in the vast expanse of space but i'm not getting a sense of scale from the mix. appreciate the sub drop from part 1 into part 2, little details like that make me sploosh. the drums at the end really needed more oomph and a few variations on that main groove, they kinda felt like loops apart from those big prog-rock tom rolls.

solid musical storytelling and direction!

Your Father's Blade Your Father's Blade

mmm dat peter satera sound. no complaints on the mixing from me, loving how everything is coming together from a dynamic standpoint. hmm actually the brass in the left speaker is just a little bit too edgy in the climax... some of the eastern winds are a bit on the nose too i think, especially the higher parts with the gigantic glissandos - towards the end the balance seemed really off kilter. would've liked a bit more of a reverb tail on that last note, or maybe have the strings fade a little more gradually. anyway that's all fairly minor stuff.

i like that you've gone for quite a new kind of instrumentation, but it still feels like "just another peter satera track" to me. you've taken these instruments from a very particular setting to tell a story that, in many ways, is culturally specific. the problem is that the writing doesn't place the story anywhere - like, i feel as though you've missed an opportunity to play with some really exotic scales and harmonic content. even if you were going for something more celtic or gaelic it's not really touching on any place other than hollywood. i mean, even in terms of storytelling this feels like it needs more harmonic variation, as it stands it kinda sits on this one brooding emotion and just escalates the level of brooding.

still, really great work as it is. it's AAA trailer material, that's for sure. in retrospect, i was a little too harsh when i scored this a couple weeks ago but at the same time i was quite a bit more impressed with the last two entries. but i don't know, maybe if this was your round entry i'd have given it 11/10 :v

404 404

really fun composition!
the organs and epianos sound awesome. bass tone is really nice and creamy too. kor's playing is top notch and you layered him in really nicely.
the drums are exceptionally played, but the mono recording is such a let down - really sucks out a lot of the energy and takes away the separation between instruments. render gets cut short at the end, bit of a rookie error there.

i didn't really dig the main theme (i guess it was the main theme?) but the playful little motif in the middle was really cool, albeit a little too drawn out imo.

would've been much nicer with a stereo drum track and a saxophone that didn't sound like a keyboard demo tune.

camoshark responds:

Sup midi, thanks for the review!

You know what, I hadn't even realized up to now that the drums were all centered! They are far from mono, I think there were about six or seven separate tracks total, so I guess that was also overlooked during production...

The rest has already been said to death already, but not pointing it out would be overlooking the elephant in the room.

Thanks again!