Be a Supporter!

midimachinemidimachine

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 330 Fans

The Better Audio Portal The Better Audio Portal

this speaks to me on a deep emotional level

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

SD4L

SD4L

Chuck vs Echo Chuck vs Echo

lol.

You got a 6/10 for being unoriginal from a fan of fucking _Madness_ of all things.

The people on this website are retarded.

Nice toon though.

TR-808 TR-808

i tried to make something like this but with a sequencer a few years ago, the main problem i ran into was that there's way too much latency to be able to play properly. also doesn't always like to play the sound, especially if you want to trigger the same one in quick succession.

Ryuno074 responds:

About the latency, could you tell me what browser you are using? The people who tested it for me on Chrome, Firefox and Opera didn't experience it, so I'm curious as what could have happened and if there are workarounds.

>would be nice if the closed hat gated the open hat too. but latency would probably screw around with that too :v
I actually tested that feature earlier, but it didn't work for Chrome. The information Construct 2 sended as "stop Open Hat" was interpreted as "stop all sounds and don't play Closed hat either", so I had to remove it since Chrome is still a really big part of the "market". I'm still planning on having it for ports other than web, because it does sound much better and I don't think we'd find that incompatibility issue there.

My Nephew's First Project My Nephew's First Project

i drew a dick

it was amazing

Breakthrou Breakthrou

newgroundsy review

i gave this a 0 because there were no upgrades or achievements and there were no references to video game IPs or internet memes also when i was playing the first level my computer exploded you should fix that glitch!!!

Blue Midnight Blue Midnight

first thing you need to do is turn a bunch of stuff down, the whole track is exploding with compression - if you turn the master limiter off and you see red then keep turning stuff down. there's probably quite a good track here but it just gets so messy when everything builds up.

actually if you made the kick shorter or EQ'd the sub bass out of it you'd definitely have a lot more room to be loud. you almost always only want one bassy sound playing at a time and the kick is overlapping with the bassline (and almost everything else too hehe). also upload your stuff at a quality more suited to 2015, just because you're using classic trance synths doesn't mean you should be using a late-90s mp3 bitrate :P - you also get the benefit of about half a decibel of extra headroom if that means anything to you.

ANYWAY the song itself is pretty standard euro dancey stuff like i was making in 2003. would be good to have more percussion in the buildups, like a big 909 snare rush or noise sweep. i wish i could be more help on the composition side of things but this is really hard to listen to for more than about 10 seconds with the way you've mastered it. nice try, keep it up!

JMSy responds:

thanks but there is no mastering, compression or limiter on it...just single synths each eq'd seperately, guess my mixing is off though.

NOw aside the production stuff the song itself...YEP i guess thats my problem all my songs sound like 99-04...mix of trance, rave, euro dance....i really wanna get with the times but my memory musical bank is stuck in my youth lol...ah well cheers for review.

Space Invaders Deluxe Space Invaders Deluxe

really liking the legit disco stylings, that big meaty bass and sassy lead hnnnnnngh. reminds me of virt's stuff on the mighty switch force osts. everything is really well thought out and consistent, maybe too consistent though? like the drop back into that last chorus was a little disappointing and the ending could've been more dramatic, maybe bring the melody up instead of down and end on giant crash or something idk. really nice use of modulations in the verses and great use of triplet fills, really keeps each section separate but still tied to the same instrumentation.

something virt does which i think would benefit this piece a lot is cutting little rests into everything before going into "drops" or when winding down a big chorus. silence really emphasises everything around it, definitely try using it a little! also maybe dial back that phaser effect in that last little bridge section, feels a bit extreme to me.

anyway good work, keep doing this

TheMightyApple responds:

Thanks for the feedback! :)

build up with drop build up with drop

prxg as fvck

the 505-ey kinda snare is a bit too floppy imo
also i think the drop needs a bit more space, maybe hold off on the siren for a few bars?

its r8 good m8